E-learning is a modern form education and study that majorly employs the use of ICT (Information and communication technologies) as well as an electronic medium. I can use various ways of documentation for example debian, PHP or python.
This teaching method may also be basically referred to as the multimedia production of educational, informative or instructive material.
In the process of creating an e-learning tool I may use online tutorial, virtual learning environments (VLE), computer-aided instruction (CAI), computer-based training (CBT) or technology-enhanced learning (TEL).
Depending on what is being taught, I may decide to use different types of media. These may include:
- Streaming video
Categories of E-learning
Education and learning by using technology may be viewed in terms of aspects ranging from the intellectual to its technical development. These aspects are:
- An educational approach may be employed. This in essence provides support in the study of other traditional subjects
- There may be some administrative tools to e-learning for example, EMIS which is short for Education Management Information Systems.
- It may be studied as an educational subject by itself. This may be seen in such courses as ICT or Computer Studies.
- We may use e-learning as a technological medium thereby facilitating the communication, developing and exchanging of information
These are some of the viewpoints that I may consider when working with a particular client.
Types of Technologies
I use many different techniques that are inclusive of collaborative software, virtual classes, ePortfolios or blogs. Examples of these technologies are:
- Blogs. These allow students, teachers and other interested parties to post thoughts, opinions, ideas or comments on a site for discussion.
- Webcams. These enable users to see each other via an internet connection and to engage with each other.
- Smart boards. These allow teachers and students alike to write on a common interactive board for engagement and discussion.
- Audio. Educational programs may be used to broadcast to students over long distances and different geographical locations.
- Videos. These work much in the same way as the audio tools only that they will also have a visual aspect where students can see the material being covered.
What levels does e-learning apply to?
I have been asked this question several times and I always answer the same way. It can be tailored to suit any level, curriculum or subject of interest. For example:
- Preschool children
- Elementary level
- Higher education
- Professional and corporate life
What are the merits?
I always tell my clients that e-learning has many potential advantages that include:
- Better student-teacher interaction
- Tools are available for students to solve problems by themselves
- More access to information for more people
- Opportunities for part-time learning
E-learning is a great tool for studying, teaching, business or even technological advancement.
LET’S GET STARTED, CONTACT ME TODAY...